Chemical peels have been around for a long time. They work on improving the look of the skin, and most have limited downtime. So let’s talk about what it’s all about.
What is a chemical peel?
A chemical peel is a technique used to improve the appearance of the skin on the face, neck or hands. We apply a chemical solution to the skin that causes it to exfoliate and eventually peel off. Following treatment, your new, regenerated skin will be smoother than the old skin. Keep in mind that the new skin is also temporarily more sensitive to the sun. So it’s more important than ever to wear your broad-spectrum sunscreen with SPF 30 or higher, and limit your time in the sun, especially between 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Why get a chemical peel?
Peels are great for:
- Improving the skin’s look and feel
- Reducing fine lines
- Treating certain types of acne and acne scars
- Reducing age spots, freckles, and certain dark patches
The type of peel determines the results patients can expect. A relatively light peel freshens the skin through exfoliation. Medium strength peels help various kinds of pigmentation issues. The deeper peels are effective at correcting wrinkles.
Chemical Peels at Nima Skin Institute
I am pleased to offer peels from SkinMedica and Theraplex® SA:
Reduce pigment imperfections and give your face a radiant glow with one of the SkinMedica® chemical peels that contain salicylic acid, lactic acid, and retinoic acid to brighten your skin’s appearance and help you achieve a refreshed look! These peels are optimal for melasma, photodamaged skin, and acne. Try SkinMedica peels for a more youthful, radiant glow.
- Vitalize Peel® helps provide vibrant, radiant looking skin with minimal downtime. It’s appropriate for mild skin imperfections.
- Rejuvenize Peel™ smooths the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. You’ll see noticeable improvement after just one peel and compelling results after three to six peels. It is appropriate for moderate to severe skin imperfections.
Theraplex® SA peels are mild with minimal post procedure downtime. These peels are designed to gently exfoliate for clearer looking skin, improving the appearance of both skin tone and texture. Patients with acne-prone skin can especially benefit from this peel. You can expect healthier, youthful, and less oily skin.
Here for your dermatological needs
We provide both medical and cosmetic dermatologic care.