You see all these beautiful people on your social media feeds, and they are promoting certain skin care products. But, do you really need them? We all know prevention is better than a cure. Especially for my patients in their twenties and early thirties, I recommend the following to help them look their best now and slow down the aging process. You’ll thank yourself when you’re older.
- Avoid exposure to the sun: In addition to the skin cancer risk, sun exposure is the fastest way to age your skin. I’m not saying don’t enjoy being outside, I’m just saying be smart about it. Broad spectrum sunscreen with at least SPF 30 is your best friend.
- Quit smoking: Or better yet, don’t start smoking at all. Not only is it the main cause of various cancers, smoking can age your skin by at least 10 years. Think about it. Have you ever seen a smoker who has beautiful skin? No!
- Remember your hands: Put sunscreen on our hands. Look at some older people. Even if they have had treatments on their faces, many have ignored their hands, and THAT is where you will see their age. Start now and apply the same sunscreen you use on your face to the back of your hands.
- Stay hydrated: I can’t say this enough. Hydrated skin is more resilient and less prone to wrinkling than dry skin. So, drink a lot of water, and then drink some more.
- Choose the right skin care products: Start good corrective and preventative anti-aging products now! Let us help you choose age-appropriate products that are also right for your skin type.
Here for your dermatological needs
Our goal is to help you have and keep your skin looking its best. Let’s get you on a great regime now and adjust it as you age. Please feel free to contact us to make an appointment.