It may seem easy to pop those pimples, but you could create more problems if you squeeze pimples yourself. You could cause:
- Permanent acne scars
- More noticeable acne
- More painful acne
- An infection
Instead, we recommend using a good skin care routine at home and, for more serious outbreaks, going to a dermatologist to treat acne safely.
Ways to treat acne at home
- Let your skin heal naturally. If you pick, pop or squeeze your acne, your skin will take longer to clear and you increase the risk of getting acne scars.
- Keep your hands away from your face. Touching, picking, and popping can worsen acne.
- Wash your face twice a day and after sweating.
- Be gentle with your skin. Scrubbing can make acne worse.
- Relieve pain with a cool compress. It can help with the inflammation.
See your dermatologist
If the home techniques don’t work effectively for you, please see your dermatologist. People also make appointments with a dermatologist if their acne makes them feel shy or embarrassed, or if the acne is leaving scars or darkening their skin.
Here for your dermatological needs
I provide both medical and cosmetic dermatological services. Please feel free to contact us to make an appointment.