Are you getting ready for the new year? Now is also a great time for you to make — and keep — a few very important new year’s resolutions for your skin’s health. Here are four key things you can do to improve your skin in the coming year.
- Wear sunscreen: Even in the winter months, when the sun is less prominent, it is important to wear a sunscreen with an SPF of at least 30 during winter activities. Prevention is key to avoiding skin cancer and premature aging.
- Revamp your skincare products: If you’re still using your summer products, you’ll want to switch to products that are more moisturizing in our cold and dry Chicago winter. And, if you haven’t changed your regime for years, it’s definitely time for a change!
- Drink More Water: We can’t say this enough. Water is your friend so keep drinking it! Your skin will thank you, and you’ll even see some changes in your weight.
- Get a skin exam: Adults should have an annual skin exam by a dermatologist, while those with a personal history of skin cancer be seen more frequently.
Other positive resolutions for your skin
- Get rid of unwanted hair: During the winter is the perfect time to start laser hair removal, Ask us about the Cutera™ laser, which is effective on all skin types and tones.
- Lose those broken blood vessels: Have broken blood vessels on your face? We offer laser treatments for quickly, safely and effectively treating these.
- Peels, facials, microneedling: We offer a full range of procedures to help your skin glow! Now’s the perfect time to set up a customized skincare program for the new year.
Here for your dermatological needs
I provide both medical and cosmetic dermatological services. Please feel free to contact us to make an appointment.