Many people think of seeing a dermatologist only when they have a problem, and typically that’s acne, a rash, or for evaluation of a skin lesion. But, evaluating these concerns is only one service we provide for patients. Our medical and cosmetic services are far more extensive. After all, skin is your largest organ, and there are many issues you may face that require medical attention. Of course, we also want you to have beautiful, clear skin and help you fight the signs of aging. Keep reading to learn about many of the services we provide:
Diagnosing and treating skin conditions is paramount in my practice. There are many medical skin conditions we see patients for:
- Skin Cancer: This remains the most common type of cancer. The good news is that, if caught early, most types of skin cancer are easily treated. That’s why it’s so important to do regular mole checks and to schedule your annual skin check. It’s very important to know the signs of melanoma—the deadliest form. Please read my previous blog about skin cancer prevention tips.
- Eczema, Psoriasis and Rosacea: Chronic skin conditions are not only uncomfortable but also emotionally distressing. Proper skin care, medication, and lifestyle changes can help control symptoms. We help by diagnosing and then working out an appropriate treatment plan for you.
- Rashes and Infections: There are many reasons—known and unknown—why you may get a rash or infection. In any case, you’re uncomfortable and need help! When over-the-counter creams don’t work, it’s time to call us.
- And more: Among other procedures, we perform biopsies to remove small sections of skin for testing, and remove and destroy certain skin lesions using various modalities.
Your skin changes. You may have noticed it’s drying out, has some discoloration, wrinkles appearing, or just looks dull. As you age, your skin care routine from just a year or two ago is no longer effective. Fortunately, we offer many treatments to help you have more youthful and healthier skin, including:
- Microneedling (with or without PRP), Microdermabrasion, HydraFacial, Laser Genesis, Cutera Limelight, and other skin care treatments.
- Chemical peels to reveal regenerated skin beneath.
- Cosmetic injections, such as Botox and dermal fillers.
- Hair Loss treatments, including medications and PRP
- Laser hair removal.
Is it medical? Is it cosmetic? It’s both! Acne is not just a teenage problem; most people have acne at some point in their lives. Most try over-the-counter medications. But when those aren’t effective, it’s time to call me. Among other options, we provide prescription medications, chemical peels, and other cosmetic therapy with the goal of giving you clear and healthy skin, and hopefully a brighter outlook!
Here for all your dermatological needs
We are here for all your cosmetic and medical dermatologic needs. Please feel free to contact us to make an appointment.