Just like everything else, it takes a bit of planning to ensure you have healthy, glowing skin. Here are key steps to follow:
Update your skincare routine
No matter your style or skin type — whether you wear lots of makeup, minimal or none; have frequent breakouts or never break out — you should follow these steps:
- Use a gentle cleanser. Remember that clean skin is happy skin. Don’t use an exfoliating scrub more than once a week. For oily skin, wash with the suggested cleanser twice a day. If your skin is dry, you should use a gentle cleanser.
- Moisturize. Make sure you’re using moisturizer that’s appropriate for your skin type and our weather. It’s also a good time to consider adding an antioxidant serum to your daily routine.
- Sunscreen’s a must. I can’t say this enough. Everyone should wear sunscreen every day regardless of the weather. It’s the only way to reduce your risk of skin cancer and premature aging.
- Consider add-ons: Use exfoliants, retinols and masks, as recommended. These are great, but more is not better. Less is more may be the better approach.
- Hydrate. Staying hydrated is important all year round. Hydration is your friend. It’s important to drink plenty of water to keep your body and skin well hydrated. Avoid drinking caffeinated beverages because they contribute to dehydration.
Schedule a facial treatment
A professional treatment is one of the best things you can do to keep your face looking its best. We offer a full range of services; one is right for every skin type. Ask us about microneedling; microdermabrasion; peels; laser treatments, including our new Secret RF; injectables; fillers, and more. And if acne is your issue, we are pleased to offer AviClear — a new, first and only FDA-cleared energy device for the treatment of mild to severe acne.
Here for your dermatological needs
When it comes to helping you have glowing skin, you have options. Please feel free to contact us to make an appointment.