Microneedling — a great, minimally invasive treatment —uses tiny needles to puncture the skin with the goal of diminishing acne scars, large pores, sagging skin, scars due to surgery or an injury, and wrinkles and fine lines.
It works by stimulating your body to make collagen, and is safe for all skin tones. We are pleased to offer microneedling using the SkinPen II—an FDA-approved needling device.
The Microneedling Process
- Comfort: It’s a very comfortable in-office procedure. We start by applying a topical numbing agent to the treatment area.
- During: During Microneedling, most patients report feeling only a slight scratching sensation.
- Time: The entire treatment takes less than one hour.
- Afterwards: Immediately following your treatment, your skin will appear slightly or moderately pink to red, similar to a mild sunburn.
- Schedule: This is not a one- and-done treatment. Depending on your skin condition and goals, you’ll need several treatments to obtain optimum results.
Boost your treatment with PRP
Adding platelet-rich plasma (PRP) to your microneedling treatment can give you longer-lasting benefits. This combination can significantly improve and repair the condition of your skin and is proving a very successful way to smooth out acne scars.
Microneedling with PRP is extremely effective because it triggers your body to heal itself without any foreign substances. Your skin starts to repair itself by simply producing more collagen, softening scars, tightening the skin, and giving you a more youthful overall appearance.
Leave it to the professionals
While home devices for microneedling are available, I strongly advise against using them. Since the way microneedling works is by causing micro channels, you would risk infection and/or scarring. This is an effective procedure when done properly and has many pitfalls when not. Leave it to experts. We’ve had special training, and I routinely perform this in my medical office with a medical grade needling device.
Here for your dermatological needs
When it comes to treatments that help maintain a youthful and radiant complexion, we are always pleased to offer patients the best in anti-aging procedures. Microneedling is just one example. We are here for all your cosmetic and medical dermatologic needs. Please feel free to contact us to make an appointment.