Although it may not feel like spring, it’s time to start thinking about it. That means out with the old and in with the new; and glow your way into spring.
Out with the old
Exactly when did you buy those cosmetics or skin care products? Even if they are your favorite and you just love them, throw out anything older than six months. Those can host bacteria, which lead to clogged pores and dull skin, or worse, breakouts. So, it’s time to get new products, including your makeup brushes, sponges, and loofas.
In with the new
Your skin needs to spring forward. This is a great time to slough away all that dead skin to reveal the soft, glowing skin underneath. That’s why it’s the perfect time for one of our aesthetic treatments:
- HydraFacial is an invigorating 3-step treatment. It’s customizable to meet the specific needs of all skin types; and is soothing, refreshing, non-irritating, and immediately effective.
- DiamondTome Microdermabrasion removes the topmost layer of skin by gently exfoliating and vacuuming away the dead skin cells. It leaves your skin smooth and vibrant with a radiant glow.
- Chemical peels help improve skin surface texture and reduce visible signs of fine lines and wrinkles. We offer various PCA peels to meet the needs of every skin type and issue.
Change is good
Spring is the right time to make a few changes to your daily routine.
- Lighten: The moisturizing products you used in winter are probably too heavy as the days grow warmer. It’s time to choose lighter moisturizers that will still keep your skin hydrated without weighing it down. As we approach summer, you may want to switch again to an even lighter one.
- Protect: No matter if there’s rain, snow, sleet, sun, clouds, and anything in between, apply sunscreen to every exposed area. And, of course, use a broad-spectrum UVA/UVB sunscreen of at least SPF 30. You may want to switch to an even stronger one if you’re going to spend more time in the sun.
Here for your dermatological needs
Spring is your opportunity to talk with us about setting up a skin care plan. We’ll help you schedule regular treatments, suggest appropriate products for your particular skin type and needs, and help keep you looking your very best. As always, we are here for all your cosmetic and medical dermatologic needs.